Led by: KB Ballentine
During this session, poet KB Ballentine will facilitate discussion, model strategies, and lead teachers through classroom practices on the following topics:
1. poetry’s effect on people
2. how interpretations of poetry can differ
3. how people lose interest as they grow older (no time to wonder, dream, imagine; too burned out and/or disillusioned
4. how to teach other aspects of writing through poetry (i.e. parts of speech, syllables, reading skills, diction, etc.)
5. how to choose poems students can relate to and/or appreciate
6. how to be open to unusual topics, grammar and punctuation, line breaks, word choices, and memorization
Mandatory minimum for registration must be met
|Event Date||10-28-2020 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||10-28-2020 3:30 pm|
|Individual Price||$75 in-area fee/$100 out-of-area fee|
|Location||North Georgia RESA|
Click HERE for the consolidated RESA System Calendar. This Calendar includes important dates for NGRESA and member systems. It includes holidays, breaks, planning days, and other dates.
System dates were accurate at the time of creation but are subject to change. Please consult each system's official calendar for the most up to date information.