GaTAPP Program Details
Induction (IN4T Certificate) An applicant must have two full years left on their IN4T certificate to be approved for the program (or one year and a letter from the system indicating that a Waiver will be requested)
Process for Application
Provide North Georgia RESA with a completed application packet
1) DEMONSTRATION OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND DISPOSITIONS: The program shall require the demonstration of competencies in the knowledge, skills, and dispositions required for accomplished teaching.
3) Classroom Observations with Pre/Post-Conferences with Candidate Support Team (North Georgia RESA supervisor, School administrator, School Based Mentor)
4) Individual Induction Plan
5) Transcripts for completion of all Georgia Special Requirements courses
6) 80 hour course: The Essentials of Effective Teaching - Summer: $650 course fee (All fees are the responsibility of the candidate) Required the summer prior to full program admittance
7) 100-150 Hours: Field-based, Individualized Coaching/Mentoring
1) EdTPA (to be completed during the third semester)
2) Observations by RESA assigned Supervisor scored at the Proficient performance level
3) E-portfolio based on Danielson's Frameworks scored at the Proficient performance level
4) Disposition rubrics scored at the Proficient level
5) Learning segments scored at the "meets" level
6) Completed appropriate Advisement Sheet
Length of program
2 Years, August through June
See our Dates & Fees page for more details.
All fees are subject to change based on enrollment and are non-refundable
All fees are the responsibility of the candidate
The system submits the official transcripts and request for a Clear-Renewable certificate to the Professional Standards Commission.
Applicants should understand:
North Georgia RESA is NOT able to guarantee applicants who have completed the eligibility requirements a position in schools. The process for selecting potential candidates for GA TAPP is applicable to the NORTH GEORGIA RESA AREA SERVICE ONLY.